Free Tech Forum
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 8:44 pm

Only registered members can access to many hidden very useful forums. Click here to Register for free or Click here to Login

Board index » Entertainment » Movies » Bollywood Movies

[ 1 post ] 

Bot

Date:

#  

#  

Farah Speaks About The Fight With Shah Rukh Khan Post Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:36 pm 

Friendship of Farah khan and superstar Shah Rukh Khan has withstood a major fight says they have learned not to take each other for granted anymore and the director is back with her favorite actor for their third film 'Happy New Year'.

Farah and King Khan gave hits like 'Main Hoon Na' and 'Om Shanti Om' in 2007, but their friendship suffered in 2012 when the actor and Farah?s husband Shirish Kunder were involved in a fight at a party hosted by Sanjay Dutt.

However, they patched up soon and Farah decided to move ahead with her long-gestating project Happy New Year with SRK.

Deepika Padukone, Abhishek Bachchan, Boman Irani, Sonu Sood and Vivaan Shah are also starring in this movie, which will be slated to release on October 24 and Farah promises that it is their best work so far.

The lady director said, "This is the best phase of SRK and me as an actor and director. I think we don?t take each other for granted anymore. When you lose a friendship like that, you realize the worth of it. So, when you get it back, you are grateful. We now talk about everything. We don't let rumors affect us. There is no more stuff like this one said that and the other one said this. We talk it out. You will see this magic in Happy New Year".

After Om Shanthi Om, Farah done another movie 'Tees Maar Khan' with Akshay Kumar, which did not work at the box office. Farah says the film taught her a lot.

Farah said "It is true that failure is the best teacher. Success gives you a high and you feel that you can't do anything wrong. But failure forces you to take stock. I have realized that I will not make films in a rush. A script will take at least two years. Even mediocre films by others work but this does not happen with me. Somehow, people expect quality from me".

The director is not worried about the box office fate of Happy New Year at a time when it is important for a superstar?s film to cross Rs 100 crore at the box office to be declared as a hit movie.

"We are taking a free fall with this film. Everything is bigger, be it the star cast, scale or the story. Nothing is small in our frame. I am hoping that if anything happens SRK will catch me and I will be there for him," she joked.

Farah, a fan of mainstream Bollywood movies, actually does not like being termed as a commercial filmmaker.

She said "There are only two kinds of films ? good or bad. It can be a commercial film and still be good while an art film can also be bad. I am happy that people separate my films from others. There are many films today where it would be difficult for you to recognize the name of the director if you remove the name. They look similar and somehow also work at the box office. I am happy that people recognize my films."

Currently Farah is in the US with Slam! The Tour with the star cast of Happy New Year, wants to take six months off after the release of musical-heist drama.

She added, "People have started asking me about my next but I have to run my house and be a mother to my children too. I am thinking about taking six months off with my children and Shirish after Happy New Year releases".

Bot

#  

#  

Board index » Entertainment » Movies » Bollywood Movies