Free Tech Forum
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 6:03 am

Only registered members can access to many hidden very useful forums. Click here to Register for free or Click here to Login

Board index » Entertainment » Movies » Bollywood Movies

[ 1 post ] 

Bot

Date:

#  

#  

The 'Bang Bang' actor Hrithik Roshan, says that surprisingly all the movies which opened to mixed reviews have managed to gross over Rs 100 crore. The Dhoom star also values critics' opinion was with the success of his latest film Bang Bang and also plans to have at least two films in a year.

Bang Bang released on 2nd October, has earned Rs 200 crore in just five days despite not so overwhelming response from the critics.

Actor said, "Every opinion matters to me personally. Whichever films have crossed Rs 100 crore in Indian cinema has got mixed reviews, so I respect them."

Hrithik's 'Bang Bang' also had to share the audience with Shahid Kapoor's 'Haider'. Haider, based on Shakespeare's Hamlet was in total contrast to Hrithik's typical pot-boiler laden with flying bullets, racing cars, etc.

Hrithik's all successful ventures came from his father and filmmaker Rakesh Roshan, including his last hit Krrish 3.

However, 'Bang Bang' is directed by Sidharth Anand, which has been produced by Fox Star Studios at a budget of Rs 140 crore, broke the opening day record of Krrish 3 by earning Rs 27.54 crore on the first day.

The 40-year-old said, "We did not increase the ticket prize, our film was not a solo release and still it has surpassed the collections of Krrish 3, so I am very happy."

When asked Hrithik what his father's reaction was on Bang Bang surpassing the box office collection of Krrish, he said, "I am very happy, but I don't know what my father is thinking."

"It's one step ahead for me and it's a growth. The start has been great, it crossed Rs 100 crore-mark and that's a big victory," he said.

To add the joy his sons, Hrehaan and Hridhaan, have also given a thumbs up to the film.

The star delightedly said, "I wanted my children to like the film. They were so excited that I had to prepare them before making them watch the film. They saw the late night show and post the picture, they said that it's the best film I have ever done. I am so happy and that reaction is the most important reaction for me."

Known for being choosy and taking a break after each film, Hrithik has now changed the rules.
He said, "I am pushing myself to have regular release. From the start of my career, I wanted to do two to three films in a year. Now, I will plan my years in such a way that I will have two releases in a year."

Bot

#  

#  

Board index » Entertainment » Movies » Bollywood Movies