Free Tech Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Only registered members can access to many hidden very useful forums. Click here to Register for free or Click here to Login

Board index » Entertainment » Sports & Games » Cricket

[ 1 post ] 

Bot

Date:

#  

#  

Gavaskar On Replacing Srinivasan As BCCI Chief : Court Post Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:51 pm 

On Thursday, former India captain Sunil Gavsakar told to reporters that he would be "happy" to oblige with any directive of the Supreme Court.
"I will be happy to do what the Supreme Court asks me to do. I will feel honored," he said.

The top court earlier in the day had proposed Gavaskar's name to replace embattled Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) chief N. Srinivasan as president.

Gavaskar admitted that it was not an easy task for him to comment on the matter immediately, However, the former cricketer hinted that he would be ready to take up the post if it is offered as in a sportsman spirit. "As an opening batsman, you must be ready for all kinds of challenges. Will do everything to the best of my abilities," he said. "If the highest court is reposing this faith in me, I'll be happy to do what they tell me to do."

64 year old Gavaskar added that Srinivasan cannot be blatantly termed as guilty. "Srinivasan is innocent till proven guilty. (But) I cannot pass an opinion on what Supreme Court feels as I am not a legal man," he nodded.

Earlier in the day, the Supreme Court said that it will pass an order on the spot fixing and betting scandal held on Friday and proposed that Gavaskar could take over as the interim chief instead of N Srinivasan. The top court also suggested that the previous IPL winners - Chennai Super Kings or CSK and Rajasthan Royals should not be part of the seventh season beginning from April 16 in Dubai.

Gavaskar however feels that terminating the two franchises will not help counter the menace of spot-fixing in the sport. "Any cricket lover will feel sad if Chennai doesn't play IPL. They have given a lot of joy to fans," he added. "Not having IPL is not going to help. When match-fixing cropped up, no one said to stop Test cricket."

Bot

#  

#  

Board index » Entertainment » Sports & Games » Cricket