Free Tech Forum
It is currently Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:43 pm

Only registered members can access to many hidden very useful forums. Click here to Register for free or Click here to Login

Board index » Entertainment » Sports & Games » Cricket

[ 1 post ] 

Bot

Date:

#  

#  

Maestro of cricket Sachin Tendulkar's tell-all autobiography, 'Playing It My Way' will be release today. Yet to release the book, it has already became a viral in the cricket world.

The legend, Tendulkar, has accused former India coach Greg Chappell of being a "ringmaster" who imposed his ideas on players, in his autobiography. Moreover he is not holding back narration on the Aussie coach's role has also got the backing from his contemporaries including Sourav Ganguly, VVS Laxman, Zaheer Khan and Harbhajan Singh.

Also, the batting maestro, Sachin, disclosed that Chappell had made a "shocking" suggestion to him to take over India's captaincy from Rahul Dravid just months before the 2007 World Cup in West Indies.

In his autobiography, Sachin elaborating on the coach's bid to replace Dravid, He writes, "Just months before the World Cup, Chappell had come to see me at home and, to my dismay, suggested that I should take over the captaincy from Rahul Dravid."

"Anjali (Tendulkar's wife), who was sitting with me was equally shocked to hear him say that 'together, we could control Indian cricket for year', and that he would help me in taking over the reins of the side. I was surprised to hear the coach not showing the slightest amount of respect for the captain, with cricket's biggest tournament just months away", Tendulkar writes.

The 41-year-old batting mastero says in his book that he had rejected Chappell's proposition outright. "He stayed for a couple of hours, trying to convince me before finally leaving."

Greg Chappell was appointed coach of the Indian national cricket team for a two-year term until the World Cup 2007.

Several Indian cricketers criticized his methods when he was the coach of the Indian team. Moreover, India crashed out of the prestigious tournament in the first round itself and Chappell's stint with the Indian team didn't last long. Post of the tournament, he submitted his resignation.

Reports says that Tendulkar wasn't happy with his coaching methods. His rift with former Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly was also a bad phase in Indian cricket and his rift with former Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly was also a bad phase in Indian cricket.

Tendulkar has already posted video promos on YouTube.

Bot

#  

#  

Board index » Entertainment » Sports & Games » Cricket