Free Tech Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Only registered members can access to many hidden very useful forums. Click here to Register for free or Click here to Login

Board index » Entertainment » Sports & Games » Cricket

[ 1 post ] 

Bot

Date:

#  

#  

Yuvraj Singh Says I May Never Play For India Again Post Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:09 am 

Yuvraj Singh, the all -rounder played as a protagonist when the 'Men in Blue' won the ICC World Cup in 2011, under the captaincy of Mahendra Singh Dhoni. However, when the quadrennial event is back and India are set to defend the most coveted ICC trophy, Yuvraj, one of the most dangerous batsmen in limited overs, himself is not sure about representing the country.

Yuvraj admitted that he could not play for India again when speaking to Wisden India.

He said, " Of course, there is a possibility that I may never play for India again. I have considered that."

"But there is also the possibility that I might play for India again, and as long as I believe that I can come back and I have it in me, I'm going to keep pushing myself," he added.

The 32-year-old southpaw was dropped from the one day team after a poor form in South African tour in December 2013.

Even though, Yuvi performed decently in IPL-7 for his franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore, it wasn't enough for him to make a space in Team India.

Yuvi said emotionally, "It's always disappointing when you don't make it to the side," he said. "But, that said, the last two years have been patchy, up and down. So it's not my call whether I should be picked. Hopefully things will change, and I will be picked again, otherwise life will be very depressing. I can only try and do my best."

Yuvraj, well known as the comeback king of Team India, sounded philosophical when he said that: "As I said, if I can make it to the squad, it will be a great story. It will be awesome to come back and play for India in a World Cup again. If it doesn't happen, life goes on, and it will be hard to accept, but I'll have to accept it."

Along with Yuvraj, few other senior such as Harbhajan Singh, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir are also struggling to break into the side and as the World Cup is merely three months away, it's highly unlikely that they will find a place in the squad.

Bot

#  

#  

Board index » Entertainment » Sports & Games » Cricket