Free Tech Forum
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 10:41 pm

Only registered members can access to many hidden very useful forums. Click here to Register for free or Click here to Login

Board index » Entertainment » Music » English Music

[ 1 post ] 

Bot

Date:

#  

#  

Kate Bush Announced Live Show Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:29 pm 

Kate Bush, the famous solo performer and singer has announced that she is to play a series of concert dates in the UK later this year.
An announcement made on her official website reveals she will play 15 shows at London's Hammersmith Apollo in August and September.

The first date of the concert will be 26th August and the title is "Before the Dawn"

The singer last tour was in 1979 which included her hits, Wuthering Heights and Hounds of Love

"I am delighted to announce that we will be performing some live shows this coming August and September, I hope you will be able to join us and I look forward to seeing you there." she said.

Tickets go on sale from 28 March 09:30 GMT Friday.

Recalls
Bush's first tour was in 1979 which include featured mime, magic and poetry alongside her music, but it reportedly took its toll on the singer.

She recalled, "By the end,I felt a terrific need to retreat as a person because I felt that my sexuality, which in a way I hadn't really had a chance to explore myself, was being given to the world in a way which I found impersonal."

It was a six-week tour, which travelled around Britain and mainland Europe, ended at the Hammersmith Odeon - present the Hammersmith Apollo - the venue she has chosen for the new shows

In an interview to the BBC three years before, Bush refused to rule out touring again, but said: "I do have the odd dream where I'm on stage and I've completely forgotten what I'm meant to be performing - so they are more nightmares than dreams."

She told Radio 4's Front Row"They didn't stop me, "but I do think if I were to do any live work, I'd be completely petrified to start with."

Her last album released in 2011, the Brit-nominated 50 Words For Snow.It was only her third album and she admitted that her slow work rate was "extremely stressful".

"It's very frustrating the albums take as long as they do, I wish there weren't such big gaps between them." she said.

Rewards and Awards

Kate Bush, has won both Brit and Ivor Novello awards for her hits -Running Up That Hill and Babooshka, .
The Queen honoured her with a CBE for services to music in 2013.

Kate Bush said that she was "incredibly thrilled" to receive her CBE from the Queen for music

Bot

#  

#  

Board index » Entertainment » Music » English Music