Oppo introduced the world's slimmest smartphone. Apart from launching new flagship smartphone N3, Oppo introduced R5, the slimmest smartphone with 4.85mm thick. The Oppo R5 as claimed by the company is the 'slimmest smartphone in the world' surpassing the Gionee Elife S5.1, which is 5.1mm thick.
Recently, Gionee's Elife S5.1 was recently recognised by Guinness Book of World Records as the slimmest smartphone in the world.
Oppo R5 priced at $499, but the company has not revealed the availability details. As the company touted on Twitter the smartphone features metallic and ceramic finishes at the corners.Features Of Oppo R5
- it measures 148.9x74.5x4.85mm and weighs 155 grams.
- 5.2-inch full-HD (1080x1920 pixels) AMOLED display that offers a pixel density of 423ppi
- powered by a 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) processor (2.1GHz quad-core + 1.5GHz quad-core)
- 2GB of RAM and Adreno 405
- 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX214 sensor; an f/2.0 aperture, and a LED flash.
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- OS is ColorOS 2.0.1
- supports a single Micro-SIM and comes with 16GB of inbuilt storage which is non-expandable.
- 2000mAh battery
- has VOOC charging technology
- Connectivity options includes Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPRS/ EDGE, TD LTE, LTE FDD, and Micro-USB.Images Of Oppo R5