It is very important to keep your kidneys healthy, whether you are young or old. Kidneys have major roles in our body as it is a vital organ. Producing hormones, absorbing minerals, and filtering blood and producing urine are the main function of it. So it is mandatory to keep it healthy, also, healthy kidneys will help to keep rest of your body healthy.
If you have doubt that you are at risk for kidney disease, make sure that you get your urine and blood checked. Diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure are the other primary risk.
Here, we introduces some kidney-friendly tips, follow it and keep your kidney healthy:
- Exercise regularly to keep your blood flowing and your kidneys healthy.
- Maintain an ideal weight, lose weight if you are overweight.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables. Also, have fish like tuna, brim. Meat intake should be limited.
- If you have diabetes, manage your blood sugar level.
- Monitor blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Know your family history, especially that of kidney disease.
- Limit your salt intake.
- Avoid unhealthy habits such as smoking, drinking. And if you smoke, quit now.