Free Tech Forum
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:05 pm

Only registered members can access to many hidden very useful forums. Click here to Register for free or Click here to Login

Board index » Entertainment » Music » Hindi Music

[ 1 post ] 

Bot

Date:

#  

#  

Nikhita Gandhi, the playback singer says the double Oscar winning composer never lets his singers get nervous. Nikhita has crooned her first title track for AR Rahman in the upcoming Tamil magnum opus I.

'Ladio', Nikhita's song is already a chartbuster.

Nikhita said, "I've recorded with Rahman sir in the past, but this was my first title track. When I walked into his studio to record Ladio, I experienced the 'Oh my god!' moment, but it lasted only for seconds because he doesn't give his singers the time to get nervous."

Previously she has crooned to Mr Rahman's tunes in films such as Jab Tak Hain Jaan and Raanjhanaa.

she said, "I'm sure one of the challenges for Rahman sir must be dealing with people who get nervous when they come to record with him. But you feel so comfortable around him and he never makes you feel that he's a celebrity."

Nikhita recorded the song in four hours.

"The biggest challenge was the language, but thanks to the lyricist Madhan Karky, I didn't have to struggle to learn the song. The whole recording process only took us about four hours. We took about one hour to get familiarised with the lyrics and then we recorded the song," she added.

Nikhita, who's half Bengali and half Punjabi, wrote the song in Hindi and recorded it.

Nikhita's first association with Mr Rahman was during the Indo-German exchange, she was a former student of Rahman's KM College of Music and Technology

"I was part of the choir which performed with German orchestra during the exchange program few years back. Rahman sir then heard me individually and auditioned me for a project called Qyuki with Shekhar Kapur," she added.

Nikhita, who is a multi-talented, recently cut her debut album in Bengali titled Kotha, which is a part of Sufi band called Noor. Moreover, she is a trained Odissi dancer as well.

Nikhita was one of the vocalists of the Tamil song Modern Kalyanam from Tamil adult comedy Kalyana Samayal Saadham.

Bot

#  

#  

Jump to: