Free Tech Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:58 am

Only registered members can access to many hidden very useful forums. Click here to Register for free or Click here to Login

Board index » Entertainment » Movies » Actors » Malayalam Actors

[ 1 post ] 

Bot

Date:

#  

#  

Mohanlal : I Have Nothing To Prove In Bollywood Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:31 pm 
Although the reach of Hindi cinema is wider, superstar of Malayalam cinema, Mohanlal, says he has nothing to prove here as an actor, even young entrants from South are looking to make a strong presence in Bollywood.

Mohanlal started his acting life in 1978 with Thiranottam, however, the film never released due to Censor issues. In 1980 he got to play the lead antagonist in his first release Manjil Virinja Pookkal at the age of 20. Before he established as a lead actor he done many antagonist roles.

'Rajavinte Makan' which was a break for him and abelled as a superstar of Malayalam cinema in 1986.

Mohanlal said, "I am working for 33 years there, what should I come and prove in Hindi industry? I am content and happy with my own language. If I get a good and irresistible role, only then will I try and do a film here. I don't want to prove anything."

The 51-year-old added, "Lot of people, most of the actresses begin from South.They are newcomers and they try to do Hindi films as the reach is greater. There are so many factors. For actors like me South is fine."

He has made his signature in Bollywood in 2002 in 'Company' as a police officer and won the IIFA star screen award for the best supporting actor in the Ram Gopal Varma directed movie.

Later, in RGV's 'Aag' Mohanlal played the role of Narasimham, a cop with a vendetta against the criminal Babban Singh played by Amitabh Bachchan, but the movie bombed at the box office.

If you asked Mohanlal why he stayed away from Bollywood films even after being a superstar down South, he replied, "I don't know. It is nothing like that."

He feels South films have a smaller reach in comparison to that of Hindi.

"Kerala is a very small place in terms of making films.Hindi films are made for an international market, and we have a very small market. Tamil and Telugu have a major market in India. For Malayalam the main markets are Middle East, Europe, but its a small one. So the difference between south and Hindi films will reflect in all segments from production to song or dance sequences and stories too. If I am acting in a Malayalam film then it is for Kerala audience so we can choose films they like. Hindi films are amazing, trying new themes, multiplex revolution is there along with new methods of film-making" he said.

He was a part of Priyadarshan's action-thriller Tezz alongside Ajay Devgn, Anil Kapoor, Kangana Ranuat, Zayed Khan, Sameera Reddy, which was released on 27th April.

"Nothing much, lights, camera are same, only the language (changes). (Difference lies in) how you portray yourself in a film with your intelligence and how you put in efforts is your entire look out.I have done films in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, I don't find any difference. I am not fluent in Hindi. I used to learn Hindi but no one over there speaks Hindi so it is not that fluent. As far as doing films in various languages is concerned you have to by-heart your dialogues for that," he said while asking about the difference between acting in Hindi and regional films.

Bot

#  

#  

Board index » Entertainment » Movies » Actors » Malayalam Actors