Board index » Tech » Mobiles » Mig33

[ 3 posts ] 

Bot

Date:

#  

#  

hack of mig33 account Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:48 pm 
hello
my chat room at mig33 has been hacked by some guy who has now got admin power, can change moderators and kick users and is now abusing all the users. my mig33 chat room was famous one; now people get scared visiting. Really getting tensed and this may even lead to a situation where i stop using mig33 , do u know how this guy did it and how can i stop him from continuously doing it each time?

please help me out of this situation if you can :cry:

Bot

#  

#  

Site Admin

How to prevent hacking of mig33 account and chat rooms? Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:02 am 
Sorry Savinay for the late reply. While you posted this issue, I was away for a business purpose and so couldn't reply you, instead just accepted your post from my mobile. But I think I have send some suggestions to you as a reply to your private message, right?

The guy who hacked your account might be smart enough to fool you. Means, most probably he hacked your mig33 account through phishing (process of an attempt to acquire username/user-id and or password through sending fake emails to someone and by misleading people using different techniques that they are from authorized authority). Most probably the hacker who hacked your mig33 chat room might have accessed your mig33 user id by cheating you somehow and changed the ownership of the room to his id. Or else the hacker might have used some XSS vulnerability of Mig33 chat system and might have got the permission of your mig33 chat room as an owner.

In your case, if the hacker might have hacked your mig33 chat room through phishing, you can prevent it further by understanding and sharing the knowledge and your experience about phishing with others. I have already wrote a very neat and clean article about How to protect your mig33 ids from Hacking. You may read it at-least twice and understand it. If you have any doubts, feel free to ask it to me.

And if the hacker has hacked your mig33 chat room through some XSS (cross scripting) vulnerability (security loophole), you can't do anything, the mig33 team has to be alerted and only they can help you in this situation since to prevent such actions should be taken from mig33 server side or from their administrative back-end and nothing we can do from the client or front-end side. You must immediately inform this to some mig33 staffs or admins even though most of them are quite useless. As per my experience most of the mig33 staffs or admins don't wish to hear such experience of the users and mostly in forums and all, people just ignore such issues as just the problem of the clients or mig33 users and they mostly says that the hacking has been done only through phishing.

However, I found we can prevent XSS, javascript and other security vulnerability in mig33 to some extend, just by not to log-in mig33 from PC (laptop and desktop) and login mig33 only from your mobile chat application. Also better not to login from m.mig33.com or wap.mig33.com. Because most of these vulnerability can't act or perform any actions to a user using mig33 from mobile java application. Also if you feel that you are Targeted for hacking, by someone, it's a good idea not to login mig33 for some days and in-between you may login mig33 from other mig33 spy ids and watch the things carefully that's happening in your chat room and your friends.

Now a days many mig33 tools are available in the market for around 10$ which can change the room ownership. You can't do anything with this. Only mig33 staffs can fix this security vulnerability. However if your room has been hacked by this method, the only thing you can do is just contact mig33 by sending an email.

Please know that educating mig33 users is very important. I have shared most of the things with you and if you believe that there is something important in this post, it's a good idea to share this post with your friends and educate them to be stay safe from any mig33 hacking attempt. Sharing is always caring! Wish you all the best.

Regards,
Pratish

Site Admin

Recover your hacked mig33 chat room Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:53 pm 
The problem of this topic starter might have already solved. If any of you still want to know how to do this, please refer the post about How to get back ownership of your hacked mig33 chat room.

There is a glad news from mig33 staffs that many tools for changing mig33 chat room ownership are not working anymore. :mrgreen:

Board index » Tech » Mobiles » Mig33