Free Tech Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:02 pm

Only registered members can access to many hidden very useful forums. Click here to Register for free or Click here to Login

Board index » World » India » Politics India

[ 1 post ] 

Bot

Date:

#  

#  

Election Commission Cannot Behave Like God : Azam Khan Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:48 pm 
Senior Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan today again hit out at the Election Commission saying the poll body cannot behave like 'God' and it should take actions best suited for a democratic setup, he reacted to the ban imposed to prevent him from campaigning in Uttar Pradesh.

In Uttar Pradesh, Rampur Khan told to reporters, "The Election Commission cannot behave like God! Instead it should adopt a line of action best suited for democracy and in the spirit of the Constitution."

He also asked the commission to "exhibit courage" and cancel his membership of Uttar Pradesh Assembly.

On April 23rd, the Election Commission issued a fresh show-cause notice to Mr Khan for reportedly making objectionable remarks against it and circumventing a ban imposed on him from campaigning in UP.

The show-cause notice was issued to the senior Samajwadi Party leader days after the Election Commission banned him from campaigning in the state following his controversial 'Kargil' remarks.

"I don't need any person's kindness or leniency since I have been acknowledged as a man of principles and high ideals from the beginning of my political career," Mr Khan said.

However, the senior Samajwadi Party leader alleged that the Election Commission behaved differently and in a partial manner with him because he was a Muslim

"A person (Amit Shah) who has widely been termed as a hooligan or assassin of humanity by different political bodies as well as widely acknowledged personalities representing social, religious and political fields was allowed to deliver speeches and campaign for BJP's candidates, but because I happen to be a Muslim so the EC has taken action against me," he said.

Bot

#  

#  

Board index » World » India » Politics India