Free Tech Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:50 am

Only registered members can access to many hidden very useful forums. Click here to Register for free or Click here to Login

Board index » Entertainment » Movies » Telugu Movies

[ 1 post ] 

Bot

Date:

#  

#  

Shweta Basu, the national award winning actress was arrested for prostitution in Hyderabad.

The actress arrested on Sunday and is currently lodged in a state-run rescue home. She admitted she made wrong choices in her career and revealed that she took to the sex trade as she was running out of money.

"I was out of money. I had to support my family and some other good causes. All the doors were closed, and some people encouraged me to get into prostitution to earn money. I was helpless, and with no option left to choose, I got involved in this act," police sources quoted her as saying.

The 23-year-old actress featured in films like Makdee and Iqbal also revealed that there were other actresses like her who went through this.

Shweta become fame as a child artiste in Ekta Kapoor's television serial Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki and won the national award for best child artist for Makdee in 2002.

On Monday, court here sent her to a rescue home run by the women and child welfare department, where women rescued by police and those facing trial are given shelter during the trial period. She underwent a medical examination at a government hospital before she was sent to the rescue home.

The inmates are provided with free food, clothing, medical care and also vocational training. She is likely to stay in the rescue home for three months.

Balu, who was collecting Rs.1 lakh each from high flying customers, has been sent to jail.

Bot

#  

#  

Board index » Entertainment » Movies » Telugu Movies