Free Tech Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:59 am

Only registered members can access to many hidden very useful forums. Click here to Register for free or Click here to Login

Board index » Entertainment » Sports & Games » Tennis

[ 1 post ] 

Bot

Date:

#  

#  

French Open : Maria Sharapova into quarter-finals Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:51 am 

On Sunday, Maria Sharapova win over Australia`s Samantha Stosur with a battling 3-6, 6-4, 6-0 in French Open. With this win she moves on to the quarter-finals of the French Open.

Stosur won her only major to date at the US Open, dominated the first set with two breaks of serve. Whereas, seventh seed Sharapova steadied the ship to lead 2-0 at the start of the second before Stosur levelled at 2-2 and the ninth game proved to be crucial as Sharapova fired down two stunning winners to break again and then held serve to level the match.

In 2012 the Russian won the French Open in 2012 to complete a sweep of all four Grand Slam titles, grabbed another break to open the decider and with the Stosur challenge visibly wilting, she turned on the power to reach her third straight quarter-final in Paris.

Next, Sharapova will play unseeded Spaniard Garbine Muguruzu who defeated French wildcard Pauline Parmentier 6-4, 6-2 for a place in the semi-finals.

"I am so happy to be back in the quarter-finals as it is such a special tournament for me," said Sharapova.

"I just hope I can raise my level and play even better in the second week." She added

Bot

#  

#  

Board index » Entertainment » Sports & Games » Tennis