Free Tech Forum
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 10:30 am

Only registered members can access to many hidden very useful forums. Click here to Register for free or Click here to Login

Board index » Entertainment » Sports & Games » Tennis

[ 1 post ] 

Bot

Date:

#  

#  

Miami Masters 2014 Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:57 pm 

Novak Djokovic Win fourth Miami Crown

Novak Djokovic, Six-time Grand Slam winner claimed his fourth Miami Masters crown with a dominating straight sets win over world number one Rafael Nadal on Sunday, where he cruised to a 6-3, 6-3 score.

The 26-year-old Djokovic said "I played a great match everything was working really well,"I didn't give him a chance to come back in the match. I am really excited."

In the 83-minute contest, he blasted five aces, won 30 of 35 points on his first serve and had no double faults and gain the $787,000 (572,000 euros) - winner's cheque.

Serena Williams Defeated Li Na for seventh Miami title

World number one Serena Williams won over China`s Li Na and made a record of seventh Miami WTA title on Saturday with a 7-5, 6-1.

Williams already owned the most WTA titles in the combined men's and women's event but had shared the overall record of six trophies with Andre Agassi, said "I was actually super-excited at the end, Obviously I wanted to have the most titles here"

In a battle of the world's top two players, the US world number one took her tally of WTA titles to 59, including 17 Grand Slam triumphs.

Since 2007, Hingis Clinches Doubles Crown at Miami

After a long 7 years, Martina Hingis shrugged off her 33 years to partner Sabine Lisicki to the Miami WTA doubles title on Sunday in the pair's second tournament together.

The Swiss veteran and her German partner downed Russians Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina 4-6, 6-4, 10-5

"It's very exciting," Hingis said after winning her first title since 2007. "When you convert the match point, you're like, Yes, we did it. I just tried to ... not make the mistakes. So it's amazing, yeah," She added.

Bot

#  

#  

Board index » Entertainment » Sports & Games » Tennis